Maintain Your Machine
CPAPnow offers cleaning advice for your CPAP and Bi-Level machines. Read below for instructions for cleaning your machines. Contact us if you have any questions.
Place your nasal mask or pillows and headgear into a sink with warm soapy water (use a small amount of mild dish detergent). Agitate these supplies in the water for approximately 5 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and allow it to dry until all moisture is gone.
- Hang the tubing over your shower rod or towel bar to air dry.
- Place the mask on a towel to air dry.
- Hanging the headgear from a clothes hanger or wall hook will help it to dry faster.
- Wash your mask or nasal pillows every morning. This will allow enough time for your supplies to completely dry.
- Wipe down the CPAP/Bi-Level machine with a damp cloth weekly.
The disposable filter should be replaced monthly, or sooner if it becomes dirty. The tubing and humidifier chamber should be washed in warm soapy water and rinsed well with clean water and allowed to dry. A vinegar/water solution (1part vinegar and 3-5 parts water) can be used to disinfect equipment as needed. Be sure to rinse thoroughly after allowing it to soak for 20-30 minutes.
Clean your humidifier once weekly, with warm soapy water and rinse it thoroughly. To disinfect it, place a vinegar/water solution (1 part vinegar 3-5 parts water) in a clean humidifier. Soak it for 30 minutes and rinse it thoroughly.
CPAPnow recommends that you bring in your machine once a year (no charge), to make sure that the pressure is set correctly and everything is working properly.
Thank you for choosing CPAPnow as your home medical supplier!